Included: FREE 64 LED Light Kit! $60 Value! Great for Still and Video Shooting!
The Pentax K-5 II Digital SLR Camera with SMC DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL WR Lens Kit is a refinement of the PENTAX K-5. It shares the body construction and button layout with the K-5 except for the LCD monitor on the back. The monitor is now recessed slightly since an air-gapless technology has been used which makes the LCD monitor assembly thinner. It is still a three inch, 921,000 dot monitor like on the predecessor, but the outer glass is tempered so as to be scratch resistant and an anti-glare filter has been added improving viewing in bright light.
The main enhancement over the K-5 is not the LCD monitor but the autofocus system. The new system is dubbed SAFOX X and has increased sensitivity - it now works down to EV -3, which is class leading according to Pentax. Pentax also claims that not only is SAFOX X more sensitive, it is also faster and more accurate, a claim we will take a look at when we get a unit in for review. It has 11 focus points of which 9 are the cross-sensitive type; this is just like the original K-5.
Like on the K-30, the K-5 II incorporates the select-area expansion function so that the subject will be tracked even if it moves away from the autofocus point selected by the user. The camera will use the adjacent focus points to keep the moving subject in focus. Some information provided by Pentax suggests that the K-5 II uses H.264 video compression and generates .mov files like the K-30 and K-01. This would be a welcome improvement over the K-5. Other Pentax data sheets contradicts this, however, so we're not certain about the movie format yet.
Other than that, the K-5 II has the same specifications and features as the K-5, hereunder a rugged, dustproof but lightweight body, a high burst rate of 7 fps, high dynamic range, a viewfinder with 100% coverage, sensor-shift shake reduction, ultra sonic dust removal, in-camera RAW processing and image editing, live view and movie mode. Like the K-5, the K-5 II also offers a choice of shutter-release options - between focus priority and release priority in the AF.S (single) advance mode, or between focus priority and speed priority in the AF.C (continuous) advance mode - to make the photographer better equipped for varying photographic requirements.
The Pentax K-5 II has a sibling without an anti-alias filter called the K-5 IIs. The K-5 IIs is aimed at photographers who value a higher resolution and cleaner images and are willing to and capable of handling the risk of moire patterns stemming from the lack of the aa filter.
- High resolution 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor with integrated AD conversion circuitry
- Highly advanced and accurate 11 point SAFOX X autofocus system improves low-light and wide aperture auto-focusing and provides more sophisticated focus tracking for moving subjects
- Widescreen 1080p HD video at 25 FPS, with sound via built-in or external 3.5mm stereo microphone jack
- High sensitivity 80-51200 ISO range with excellent noise performance
- Air-gap-free, scratch resistant, 3.0" LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution provides clear LCD viewing with minimal reflection
- Pentax body-based Shake Reduction (SR) stabilization system
- Fully weather sealed and coldproof design features 77 individual body seals and durable magnesium alloy covers surrounding a rugged stainless steel chassis
- The DR II (ultrasonic vibration to low pass filter) Dust Removal System with Dust Alert function keeps the sensor clean and free of dust specks
- Speedy 7 frames per second captures fast action shots
- Accurate 77 segment metering system for great auto exposure even in tricky lighting
- Power Zoom and SDM function for quiet and smooth auto focus
- Color Depth of 8 bits per channel in JPG
- Pentaprism viewfinder with 100% field of view, 0.92X magnification and a choice of three grid patterns while in Live View mode, including "Golden Section"
- Maximum 1/8000 second shutter speed
- Exposure Mode selection includes: Green, Hyper Program (P), Sensitivity Priority (Sv), Shutter Priority (Tv), Aperture Priority (Av), Shutter & Aperture Priority (TAv), Metered Manual, Bulb, X-Speed, USER (5 presets), Movie
- White Balance fine adjustment available in all White Balance modes and CTE mode, to automatically adjust the white balance to emphasize the dominant colors of a specific scene
- HDMI port outputs high definition images, video and sound to your HDTV
- Native support for both PENTAX PEF and Adobe DNG 14 bit RAW files
- Customizable RAW/Fx button for one-touch changeover from RAW to JPG or back. Also customizes other one-touch settings of importance to the shooter
- RAW data retrieve function to save the original RAW data of a just-recorded JPEG format image
- Built-in electronic level with tilt scale display.
- SDXC memory card compatibility
- In-camera HDR image capture and a wide range of in-camera image processing including Cross Process and Bleach Bypass
- Digital filters include: Toy Camera, Retro, High Contrast, Extract Color, Soft, Starburst, Fisheye, Posterization, Sketch and Custom
- Playback modes include: One Shot (no data, basic data, full data, color channel histogram, bright/dark indication, copyright info), Multi Image Display (4, 9, 16, 36, 81 thumbnails), Calendar Filmstrip, Folder, Magnification, Select & Delete, Movie Playback (no data, basic data, full data), Save RAW Data From JPG (if available in buffer memory)
- Supports the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Korean, Chinese (Simplified/Traditional), Japanese
- Included Pentax DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens - Included with the Pentax K-5 II is the Pentax 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL WR Zoom lens which is an ideal standard zoom lens designed specifically for Pentax digital SLRs. Able to shoot both true wide angle and standard telephoto focal lengths this is a versatile lens that can handle portraits and group shots, interiors and landscapes. In 35mm format, this lens is equivalent to a 27.5-84.5mm lens. Aspherical optics reduce aberrations and SP Coating repels dust, water and grease. And, like the K-5 II, it is weather-resistant, so it can handle damp and cold conditions.
Call us toll free at 1-800-321-4726 for customer service & ordering.
Price, images, specifications and descriptions of items are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for typographical or photographical errors.
Rebates & conditions, and expiration dates from manufacturers are subject to their authorization.