Built for life's adventures, planned and unexpected, our 15th generation ruggedized compact camera builds on proven PENTAX experience to bring you our best adventure proof camera yet. Capture outstanding images in any element with its brighter 4X optical zoom, new Shake Reduction system and high resolution sensor. Dive deeper, climb higher, explore longer, and capture even more of your journey with the Pentax WG-3 Digital Camera. Your adventure is now.
Capture Full HD 1080p video at 30fps. The camera's advanced imaging engine enables a high ISO of 6400 for low-light shooting.
- 16MP Resolution - Features a backlit CMOS image sensor with a primary color filter and a 16MP resolution. The sensor works with the camera's advanced imaging engine to offer a maximum ISO of 6400 for low-light shooting--without compromising on image quality or color accuracy.
- 3" LCD - Equipped with a 3", 460K-pixel 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD monitor that offers a 170° horizontal and vertical viewing angle. The screen has an anti-reflective (AR) coating for glare-free viewing in bright light
- 4x Optical Zoom Lens - The lens' effective focal length is 4.5-18mm (35mm equivalent: 25-100mm), covering a wide-angle to telephoto range with a 4x optical zoom. The camera's Intelligent Zoom (digital) function extends the range further to approximately 28.8x, covering up to a 35mm equivalent focal length of 720mm. The lens also has a wide, fast f/2.0 maximum aperture. A total of 6 LED Macro Lights surround the circumference of the lens barrel, enabling brighter, more uniform illumination for macro work when the Digital Microscope mode is selected. Additionally, the lens has a protective cover with an SP coating
- Image Stabilization - To counteract the effects of camera shake, especially in low light, the WG-3 uses two forms of Shake Reduction (image stabilization): sensor-shift and digital. The digital component is divided into two parts: Pixel Track and high ISO. Together, the three components are referred to as the triple shake reduction system. The Movie SR mode stabilizes your videos
- Extreme Durability - This rugged camera is waterproof for up to 2 hr of continuous use at a maximum depth of 45.9'. It's also shockproof against drops up to 6.5', and crushproof against up to 220 LBF. Additionally, the WG-3 is dustproof (JIS 6) and built to withstand extreme temperatures as cold as 14°F
- Full HD Movies - Record Full HD 1080p videos at 30 frames per second in widescreen format (1920x1080) with h.264 compression. Benefit from a high-speed recording function for slow-motion playback of captured movie clips, as well as a fast-forward function. The micro HDMI port lets you output videos to an HDTV or other compatible monitor
- Focus System - Utilizes TTL contrast detection autofocus. AF assist lamp and macro illuminating LEDs make focusing easier. Focus modes include 9-point AF, Spot AF, Auto Tracking AF, Macro, 1CM Macro, Infinity Landscape, Pan Focus, and Manual Focus. Focus lock can be activated by pressing the shutter release button halfway
- Exposure Metering - Performs TTL, Multi-segment, Center-weighted and Spot metering
- Shooting Modes - The camera has an HDR function featuring both Capture Mode, which combines 3 captured images to create a single image with wide dynamic range, and Playback filter, which processes a single image in a way that gives it the HDR look. Additional shooting modes include Handheld Night Snap (ISO 125-1600), Underwater, Underwater Movie, Digital Microscope (2MP), Flower, Interval Shot, Interval Movie, High Speed Movie (VGA, 120fps capture, 30fps playback, up to 15 sec length), Time-Lapse Movie (up to 15 sec length) , 1CM Macro Movie, Surf & Snow, Kids, Digital Wide (5MP), Digital Panorama (2MP per frame), Report (1280x960, ISO 125-1600), and Green (ISO 125-1600). Dynamic Range Adjustment: Yes (highlight and shadow correction). There's also an Auto Picture function, consisting of the following modes: Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Standard, Flower, Sport, Candlelight, Blue Sky, Sunset, Text, Group Photo, Pet, Portrait x Blue Sky, Portrait x Sunset, Portrait x Backlight
- Face Detection - Up to 32 faces detectable. Smile Capture, Blink Detection, Self Portrait Assist, Self Portrait Assist + Smile Capture, and Pet Recognition (1 face detectable) are all available
- Drive Modes - Continuous, Burst Shooting, Remote Control with optional control unit WP (3s, 0s), and Auto Bracketing available
- Playback Modes - One Shot, Index (6 or 12 thumbnails), Magnification (up to 10X, scrollable), Movie Playback, Histogram, Folder Display, Select & Delete, and Calendar modes selectable. Mode pallets include Slideshow, Image Rotation, Small Face Filter, Ink Rubbing Filter, Collage, Digital Filter (B&W/Sepia, Toy Camera, Retro, Color, Extract Color, Color Emphasis, High Contrast, Starburst, Soft, Fish-eye, Digital filters (B&W, Sepia, Toy Camera, Retro, Color, Color Extract, Color Emphasis, High Contrast, Starburst, Soft, Fisheye, Brightness, Miniature), HDR Filter, Original Frame, Movie Edit (Save as Still Image, Movie Divide, Title Picture), Red-Eye Edit, Resize, Cropping, Image Copy, Protect, DPOF, Start-up Screen
- File Formats - Stills: JPEG (EXIF 2.3), DCF 2.0, DPOF, PIM III, Movies: MP4 (AVC h.264), Audio: WAV (PCM), 32kHz, 16-bit stereo, High Speed Movie: 8kHz, 16-bit stereo
- Language Support - English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian
- Additional Features - Custom Image Tone: Bright, Natural, Monochrome, Date, date-time, and time stamp (not available in Green mode), File/Folder customization: Folder name (date, PENTX, custom), file name (IMGP, custom), Electronic level Startup time: Approx 1.8 sec, Release lag: Approx 0.016 sec, Construction: Reinforced polycarbonate plastic with aluminum accents
- OS Compatibility - Windows XP (SP3), Vista, 7, or 8, or Mac OS X 10.4 or later