The portable and compact Zoom Q2HD Handy Video Recorder is feature-packed and versatile. You can use it to record both Full HD 1080p video and/or linear PCM audio. For video, it's equipped with a 1/3.2" five-megapixel CMOS image sensor and an F3.2 fixed focus lens with a four-foot to infinity focus range. It can capture MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Full HD 1920 x 1080p video at 30 fps, 1280 x 720p video at 60 or 30 fps and WVGA 800 x 480 video at 60 or 30 fps. It features a 4x digital zoom, lighting selection function, USTREAM compatibility and mini HDMI output. You can even edit videos right on the two-inch LCD display.
For recording audio, the Q2HD features a Mid-Side stereo microphone setup. The Mid-Side mic can also double as a USB microphone for using with your computer, iPad 2 or iPad 3. The device records up to 24-bit / 96 kHz linear PCM audio. Plus, you can record in AAC format as well. There's an analog mic gain control for getting levels just right, as well as a low-cut filter function. Plus, there's a built-in reference speaker for instant playback of recordings or video.
The device runs on two AA batteries and stores your files using an SD/SDHC/SDXC card up to 64GB. It features a user-friendly interface that allows quick navigation between functions and features. Plus, for added convenience, the Q2HD comes bundled with HandyShare software. You can use the software to upload footage to the Web or to edit videos and improve audio quality.
- Live Streaming Video in Real-Time
- With the Q2HD, you can stream your videos through your computer directly to the Web. Simply connect your Q2HD to your computer via USB cable (included in the optional APQ-2HD accessory package) and start streaming like the pros. The Q2HD's streaming function is compatible with Ustream Producer, Flash Media Live Encoder, Skype and other popular streaming applications. And it works wonders with premium programs such as Ustream Producer Pro or Studio. It's never been easier to broadcast your movies on the web in real-time
- Mid-Side Stereo Audio Recording
- The Q2HD offers Mid-Side stereo recording. Mid-Side recording, originally offered by Zoom on the H2n Handy Recorder, is a technique that's been used for many years in film and broadcast, where ambiance is crucial. Mid-Side recording combines a unidirectional Mid mic that captures sound directly in front of you and a bidirectional Side mic that captures sound from your left and right. By increasing or decreasing the level of the Side mic, you can control the width of the stereo field, which gives you incredible flexibility over your recordings. With its condenser microphones in 30 - 150° Mid-Side stereo configuration, the Q2HD gives you natural depth and accurate imaging. From live musical performances, rehearsals and recitals to journalism, education, sports and travel, the Q2HD's pristine audio is so realistic your movies will let you relive the moment over and over again
- Capture Full HD 1920 x 1080 Video
- Your HD videos are recorded in MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format, which can be played on a computer using QuickTime player. The Q2HD can record video in Full HD at 1920 x 1080 resolution, allowing you to enjoy your finely-detailed audio and video on your large HDTV. You can also select 720p HD for longer recordings, as well as SD formats when smaller file sizes are needed
- Lighting Selection Function
- The Q2HD has a lighting selection function that allows you to record using the best setting for any given lighting condition. The modes that can be used include "Auto," which automatically adjusts brightness and color, "Concert Lighting," which suppresses oversaturation from strong lighting and "Night," which is ideal for filming in dark situations
- 4x Digital Zoom
- The 4x digital zoom allows you to shoot both distant landscapes and close-ups of people. You can capture your main subjects even when they're far away
- Edit Videos Right on the Device
- Divide or trim your movies internally with the Q2HD, as the unit allows you to cut footage and better feature the important scenes without a computer. By erasing unnecessary data from the SD card, you will increase your remaining recording time
- Mini HDMI Output
- The Q2HD has a mini HDMI connector that allows you to digitally output your videos in up to Full HD resolution. Connect the Q2HD to an HDTV by using an HDMI cable (sold separately) and enjoy your movies with your family and friends. And the Q2HD's audio will sound incredible on your home theater's audio system as well
- 24-bit / 96 kHz Linear PCM Recording
- The rich stereo sound captured by the Mid-Side mics can be recorded to linear PCM WAV files. When taking full high-definition 1080p video, high-quality sound with resolution of up to 24-bit / 96 kHz can also be recorded. You can also record PCM at 44.1 or 48 kHz
- AAC Recording
- You can record using the AAC audio format. AAC supports a bit rate from 64 to 320 kbps and a sampling rate of 48 kHz
- Analog Mic Gain for Precision Volume Control
- Using the analog-type MIC GAIN wheel allows you to dial-in the perfect amount of gain for any recording application. Or choose one of three presets (Concert / Solo / Meeting) to automatically set the recording level for any given situation
- Low-Cut Filter Functions
- The unit's low-cut filter reduces unwanted background noise by cutting the low-frequency range. Attach a windscreen (sold separately), to reduce wind noise so you can get clear audio even when filming outside
- Use It as an Audio Recorder
- The Q2HD can also be used as an audio recorder to record just sound. In addition to being able to record 24-bit/96 kHz PCM files that far exceed CD-quality, the unit can also record AAC (m4a format) files that have smaller sizes. The Q2HD also features an internal reference speaker so you can check recordings without earphones
- USB Mid-Side Microphone Function
- Expanding its versatility, the Q2HD also functions as a USB microphone with Mid-Side miking capabilities. Simply choose USB Mic in the units MENU and connect your Q2HD to a computer or iPad 2 or 3 (using Apple's USB camera connector) to begin recording. The built-in mic supports a 1 to 39 dB input gain and a maximum sound pressure level of 120 dB
- View Your Videos While On-the-Go
- Zoom made on-the-go viewing better than ever with the Q2HD. You can easily switch between portrait or landscape playback by pressing and holding the PLAY key. Watch your videos anywhere on its color LCD screen and built-in reference speaker
- Navigate with Ease
- The Q2HD features an icon-based user interface that makes navigating through all its functions easy and intuitive. Play, edit or delete movies, select video and audio formats and a host of other functions with ease
- Built-In Reference Speaker
- The Q2HD even has a built-in reference speaker to let you check recordings without earphones. It is also handy preview playback function when selecting recorded files
- Runs on Readily-Available AA Batteries
- The Q2HD is powered by two standard AA batteries, resulting in about two hours of continuous recording. The unit is also compatible with NiMH batteries, which can be recharged using a commercially-available charger
- Bundled Software
- The Q2HD's bundled HandyShare editing and uploading software lets you manage and edit your videos easily, as well as upload them to social networking sites. From live musical performances, rehearsals and recitals to journalism, education and sports, you can easily share your movies with everyone on websites like YouTube or Vimeo. Moreover, effect functions in the software allow you to bring the sound of video recordings up to the level of a finished product. You can normalize a recording for a consistent volume level or add reverb to give rich reflections to the sounds of instruments and voices. Plus, you can even use a mastering effect to enhance the impact of a performance with compression. Just select a preset
- Compatible with SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards Up to 64GB
- The Q2HD utilizes SD/SDHC/SDXC as an affordable way to increase recording capacity. The included 2GB SD card can record about 40 minutes of HD video, while a 64GB SDXC card allows for about 15 hours of HD video recording time
Call us toll free at 1-800-321-4726 for customer service & ordering.
Price, images, specifications and descriptions of items are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for typographical or photographical errors.
Rebates & conditions, and expiration dates from manufacturers are subject to their authorization.