Included: FREE 180 LED Light Kit! $130 Value! Great for Still and Video Shooting!
Step up to an incredible shooting experience with this Sony Alpha SLT-A77 DSLR Digital Camera with 18-135mm Lens. Featuring the top-of-the-line Translucent Mirror Technology, you can focus and shoot simultaneously for fast, precise performance and continuous shooting of up to 12 frames per second, complete with continuous auto focus. Capture amazingly-detailed images that make for gorgeous enlargements thanks to an impressive 24.3-megapixel sensor. The world's first DSLR to offer a choice of super-smooth 60p, standard 60i or richly cinematic 24p movie modes all at Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, you can capture incredible, high quality AVCHD or MP4 videos of all your memorable moments (records in 29-minute segments). A Tru-Finder OLED electronic viewfinder offers remarkable resolution and high contrast for outstanding depth, plus allows you to view setting adjustments in real time for the best possible picture.
- 2nd Generation Translucent Mirror Design - Other DSLRs can shoot. Or they can focus with the speed and precision of Phase Detection AF. They cannot do both at once. Sony changes all that with the award-winning Translucent Mirror Technology system. It directs light to both the image sensor and the Phase Detection AF sensor simultaneously.
- World's first OLED viewfinder - There's never been anything quite like the Tru-Finder OLED electronic viewfinder. For size, speed and brightness even after sunset, this is a gem. It begins with 2359K dots for amazing resolution and high contrast ratio for incredible depth. OLED reduces motion blur to a bare minimum. You can also see the results of camera adjustments in real time with superb color and detail.
- Full-time Phase Detection AF - You get fast, accurate auto focus in every mode-even HD Movie and Live View-thanks to Sony's exclusive Translucent Mirror Technology. While Contrast Detection Auto Focus often hunts for correct focus, Phase Detection AF knows exactly where correct focus is, and goes straight for it.
- Rugged, magnesium alloy body - The SLT-A77 is built for the real world with a magnesium alloy body that combines high strength with light weight. Ports, doors and controls are also weather-resistant for smooth operation under adverse conditions.
- Three-way tilt/swivel LCD screen - Tilt it up or down to frame high- and low-angle shots that would otherwise be hit-or-miss. Tilt and swivel over the camera for self-portraits. You can even tilt it up and down when you hold the camera in vertical mode! Finally, the monitor folds flush to the camera with the LCD exposed for shooting or protected for travel.
- 6-image layering - Leverages the fast BIONZ processor to capture six images in a fraction of a second, and then combine the data. The result is one incredible single image that gets a cleaner result in Multi-Frame NR mode or sharper nighttime pictures in Hand-held Twilight mode.
- Auto HDR built into camera - Captures more scene dynamic range than a single exposure can handle-and more range than photo film. Combines the best highlight detail from one shot, the best mid-tones from a second and the best shadow detail from a third for one incredible shot. (Recommended for still subjects.)
- Built-in GPS - An integrated GPS receiver records the location and time of every shot you take and lets you view your images on a map with compatible computer and Internet applications, so you can remember where you took your favorite shots.
- Main Sensor Quick AF Live View - Combines the fast focus of Phase Detection AF with high quality Live View images right from the main sensor. This is made possible by Sony Translucent Mirror Technology. You get accurate images and 100% framing on the LCD monitor or eye-level viewfinder.
- Graphic Display - Clarifies the relationship between aperture and shutter speed, as well as the effect each has on photographic results.
- 1200-Zone exposure metering - Reads exposure directly from the main image sensor. Choice of Multi, Center and Spot metering accommodates a full range of shooting situations.
- Up to 530 Shots of battery life - Take up to 530 shots on a single charge with Sony Stamina battery power. The InfoLITHIUM battery system enables you to see the percent of power remaining, so you can keep shooting in confidence.
- Built-in Flash (GN12) - To help you shoot more effectively, the camera includes a built-in flash (Guide Number 12) that can also trigger a wireless accessory flash (sold separately). The integrated hot shoe enables you to expand your lighting options with a range of accessory flashes (sold separately).
- Exmor technology - Conventional image sensors use only a handful of analog-to-digital (A/D) converters, which can slow you down. The Exmor sensor provides more than 5,600 column-parallel A/D converters. This helps enable continuous shooting at up to 12 frames per second.
- Smile Shutter technology - Captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply select the Smile Shutter mode and the camera takes the picture automatically. You can prioritize children or adults and adjust the smile sensitivity.
- World's fastest up to 12 fps continuous - The translucent mirror makes it far easier to capture the decisive soccer kick or your baby at her absolute cutest. Shoots up to 12 frames per second at full-resolution 24.3 megapixels with continuous auto focus (AE locked after first frame). This is the world's fastest shooting speed for interchangeable lens APS-C cameras, as of August, 2011.
- HD movies with full manual control - Now you don't need to surrender control when you shoot HD movies. Enjoy the full expressive potential of Program, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority or Manual (P/A/S/M) control in HD movie mode.
- World's shortest release time lag - Helps ensure that the image you want is the image you get. Once auto focus occurs, release time lag is the delay between fully pressing the shutter release and when the camera actually starts taking the picture. Long lag makes it harder to capture fast-moving objects. The Sony A77 boasts the world's shortest release time lag at only 0.05 seconds.
- 19-point Auto Focus - To maximize the value of Translucent Mirror Technology, Sony incorporates Phase Detection AF of great sophistication. 19 sensors with 11 cross sensors maximize precision for both vertical and horizontal subjects.
- Top mounted LCD - In addition to status displays on the LCD monitor and Electronic Viewfinder, Sony offers a top-mounted LCD with exposure information.
- Handheld Twilight mode - Get gorgeous shots at night without a tripod. Combines six frames into a single image for smooth, low-noise evening shots. (Recommended for still subjects.)
- Sweep Panorama Mode - Capture expansive landscapes automatically. Press the shutter, sweep vertically or horizontally. The camera does the rest, continuously shooting images and stitching them together.
- 921K dot TruBlack LCD screen - The 3.0-inch Xtra Fine LCD monitor has 921K dots for superb resolution. The TruBlack screen includes a special resin layer to suppress internal reflections, increasing contrast compared to conventional LCDs. Sunny Weather mode boosts visibility even further.
- AUTO+ (Advanced Auto) mode - Get cleaner, more dynamic pictures and fewer missed shots. Unifies and simplifies Sony intelligent technologies. The camera automatically recognizes the correct scene mode.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) - Improves results with backlit subjects and recovers details hidden in shadows. Settings include Auto, Level with a choice of five operating levels and Off.
- HDMI output for HD viewing - Enjoy HD movies and stunning still images on a compatible HDTV. The camera includes an HDMI output. In addition, the BRAVIA Sync system works with compatible BRAVIA HDTVs enabling you to control camera playback using the television's remote.
- Advanced Anti-Dust Technology - Anti-Dust Technology helps keep the CMOS sensor clean, resulting in consistently clear pictures. First a static-free coating on the sensor's low-pass filter helps repel dust. Then vibration automatically dislodges dust from the sensor.
- APS-C size HD CMOS image sensor - With 19.5 times the area of the typical camcorder image sensor, APS-C makes the difference between amateur and professional-looking video, delivering an exceptional combination of high resolution, high sensitivity and gorgeous, blurred backgrounds.
- Face Detection and Registration - The camera can automatically detect up to eight individual faces and adjust focus, exposure, white balance and flash to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of people. Can prioritize children or adults. Face Registration can remember friends and family members and prioritize them.
- 24.3 MP; best-in-class resolution - You get incredible detail and gorgeous enlargements thanks to a 24.3 megapixel sensor. It's the highest resolution among APS-C DSLRs, as of August 2011.
- HD Movies at 60p, 60i, or 24p - Capture spectacular HD Movies. This is the world's first DSLR to offer a choice of super-smooth 60p, standard 60i or cinematic 24p, all at Full HD 1920x1080 resolution. AVCHD codec delivers stunning picture quality. MP4 codec offers smaller files for easier upload to the web.
- Full-Time Live View in LCD or EVF - You can use both the LCD monitor and OLED Electronic Viewfinder for composing shots in Live View. Both provide a what-you-see-is-what-you-get preview of white balance, focus, depth of field, exposure and 100% framing accuracy, plus informative on-screen displays.
- Object Tracking AF - Locks onto a specified object and maintains focus even as the subject moves. Unpredictable subjects stay in focus even while zooming. You can concentrate on composition without worrying about focus.
- Dual control dials - Perfect for experienced shooters, dual control dials provide direct, hands-on access to two settings at a time.
- Multi-frame NR - Experience incredible low-light shooting without a flash. The camera captures six images in a fraction of a second. Combining the data from all six, it creates a single image with a reduction in noise equivalent to two additional steps of ISO sensitivity. Sensitivity selectable up to ISO 16000. (Recommended for still subjects.)
- 3D Sweep Panorama Mode - Capture vast scenic vistas and 16:9 shots in spectacular 3D. As you sweep across the panorama, the camera records separate right-eye and left-eye images that make landscapes come alive on your 3D television1. Records both JPEG and MPO file formats.
- Shot Result Preview - See the results before you take the shot. This preview takes the guesswork out of camera settings by showing the effects of the aperture, shutter and DRO settings on the depth of field, motion and dynamic range.
- ISO 16000 sensitivity - Incredibly clear low-light pictures without sacrificing detail, made possible by the low-noise Exmor APS HD CMOS image sensor and refined BIONZ image processor.
- Upgraded BIONZ image processor - The brain of the camera is a BIONZ image processor substantially upgraded for the demands of 24.3 megapixel photography. Chroma noise reduction delivers high-resolution, low-noise photos even at ISO 16000. Also enables fast processing for up to 12 fps continuous shooting of data-intensive 24.3 MP images, 2D/3D Sweep Panorama modes and 6-image layering.
- SteadyShot INSIDE stabilization - Image stabilization reduces blur by compensating for camera shake. Typical DSLR systems build image stabilization into selected lenses only. SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization is built into the camera body itself. You'll reduce blur with every A Mount lens, including macro and wide-aperture standard zoom lenses.
- P/A/S/M exposure modes - The camera offers a full range of controls from the beginner's AUTO+ mode to P/A/S/M: Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual. On-screen prompts help you refine your skills, build your confidence and exercise greater creative control.
- Slot for two media types - For cost-effective, convenient storage and sharing of your images, the camera accepts Memory Stick PRO Duo/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC media (Class 4 or higher recommended, sold separately).
- 11 Picture Effect modes - Discover innovative ways to make your images and videos pop. These include Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow), Soft High-key, High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, and Miniature.
Call us toll free at 1-800-321-4726 for customer service & ordering.
Price, images, specifications and descriptions of items are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for typographical or photographical errors.
Rebates & conditions, and expiration dates from manufacturers are subject to their authorization.