|Item #: S-018687
The YS-D1 Strobe sets a new standard for underwater strobes. From subtle light output as low as guide number 1 to a maximum power of guide number 32, control of underwater lighting has become effortless with the YS-D1.
Revising the algorithms used for the DS-TTL system, the YS-D1 employs a totally new slave TTL system. The strobe can adjust the interval between the pre flash and the primary flash in order to be compatible with a wide-variety of cameras, if not all, on the market today. The strobe is equipped with DS-TTL ll mode which is more responsive, more precise and more reliable. The DS-TTL ll enables a variety of strobe sync photography such as slave TTL and slave manual (11 steps) with compact or digital SLR cameras. When used with a digital SLR camera in housing, the strobe can also be connected with a conventional sync cord and through a YS Converter for TTL strobe photography. In a clear water environment, two YS-D1 strobes in DS-TTL ll mode provide perfect lighting. When you would like to emphasize contrast, setting the main strobe in DS-TTL II mode and the secondary strobe in manual mode (11 steps) offers flexibility without limiting control. When underwater visibility is poor, two YS-D1's set to manual mode may produce the best images.
The YS-D1 is the most versatile underwater strobe available today. The DS-TTL exposure compensation function enables subtle lighting control by adjusting the Light Level dial in DS-TTL mode.
- Most sophisticated strobe Sea & Sea has produced in its 4-decade history
- 25% more powerful than the YS-110α
- Features beam angles of 80 x 80°, 100 x 100° and 120 x 120° via GN / guide number 32, 24 and 20, respectively
- Equipped with 3 TTL circuitries: DS-TTL II, Slave TTL, and conventional Nikonos type
- Powered by 4x AA Ni-MH (recommended) or Alkaline batteries (not included)
- Recycle time of 1.9 sec with Ni-MH batteries
- DS-TTL II exposure compensation of (EV): + / - 4 steps. Manual exposure control in 11 steps
- Boasts an impressive depth rating of 330' (100 m)
- Slave On / Off happens automatically, without a switch. There's a ratcheting light level control, as well as a 3-color LED indication lamp: Ready lamp (red), TTL confirmation lamp (green), and Slave TTL mode lamp (blue). The strobe also has an LED target light
- Over-pressure relief valve, an Auto power OFF function, and a pre-flash cancellation mode
- Color temperature of 5600 K without a diffuser, or 5250 K with a diffuser. A diffuser 120 and a diffuser 100 are included with the strobe
- Comes with both a conventional YS adapter mount and a ball joint mount, so you can use whichever one you prefer
- Compatible with 5-pin sync cords or N and fiber-optic cables (L-type)
- Works with the majority of digital cameras. Compatible systems include PT-048 underwater housing for Olympus TOUGH-8010; Sea & Sea DX-GE5 compact digital camera and housing set; DMW-MCFT3 marine case for Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FT3; WP-FXF200 housing for Fujifilm FinePix F200 EXR; WP-DC34 marine case for Canon Power Shot G11; PT-050 housing for Olympus XZ-1; MDX-D7000 housing for Nikon D7000; and RDX-600D housing for Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D / Kiss X5